WINTER SHADOW BOX CARD

Hi everyone!  Hope all of you have had a great Christmas.  I haven't been online much this Christmas, it's been a very busy one for me.  We recently did a lot of renovations on our lower level of our house and it was a lot of pressure trying to get things back to normal and completed before the holidays. I always do all the painting in our house and for some reason I thought it would be quick and easy....what was I thinking?! Hopefully I won't have to do that for awhile!  Our oldest son(he lives in Australia) came home for Christmas and brought his lovely partner with him, who has never been to Canada, seen snow, or experienced cold weather.  This may be the one and only time she will ever come again for Christmas, it is currently -33C and with the windchill, feels like -38C.  She has never been so cold in her life.  Who am I kidding, I feel like I have never been so cold in my life and I go through this every winter.  We also host the Christmas dinner in my family, so it is a busy holiday here.  It's worth it though, even though I feel like I could sleep for an entire week after.

I made this Christmas Shadow Box Card for my sister, and then forgot to give it to her.  Sorry, Pat, I will get this to you soon!


Love this Holiday Shadow Box die by Katelyn Lizardi!


There are two variations to make with this Thinlits set.  I chose the outdoor scene, which really could be for any winter occasion.  I first die-cut the back of my card using the main card die.


For the front  of my card, I used the tree insert that fits inside the main card die, creating a window for my scene.  I also die-cut two rectangle pieces that make up the base and top of the shadow box.


The snow pieces were die-cut with white cardstock.  I die-cut adhesive sheets, applied these to the snow fronts, and covered with "snow".


Next I die-cut my trees and deer.  The fir trees and deer were die-cut with cardstock that had been inked with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  The bare trees were die-cut with Tim Holtz Woodgrain Cardstock that had been inked.  All of the card pieces and embellishment dies have tabs so your die-cuts fold back for easy adhering.


The snow, trees, and deer pieces were adhered to the card base first.  The front and back pieces were then adhered to the base.  The top piece was adhered last.


Mini snowflake die-cuts were added to the front to finish my card off.  I didn't want to add anything more to the front of my card, so I added my sentiment on the back.

Thanks for stopping by, and a very Happy New Year to all of you!

Jan







3 comments

Julie S said...

This is beautiful!

Cindy Lyles said...

Love your patterned papers with this die set!! Fabulous card!!

Stephanie said...

This is really beautiful. Could you please share the name/brand of the wood/brown paper you used? It's perfect for this project.

Back to Top